The IMPACT INSTITUTE is an independent, international not-for-profit think tank dedicated to public policy debates, managing risk, and building resilience to promote peace, security, and sustainable development in the horn of Africa. The institute strives to provide a comprehensive alternative framework for peace and security in the region, keeping pace with the changing dynamics of national, regional, and global security in the horn of Africa and the extended neighborhood.
To achieve its purpose, IMPACT INSTITUTE employs a mix of policy research, strategic analysis, publishing, and convening. We believe that by understanding social challenges through the lens of community dynamics, governance structures, and socioeconomic relationships. We can positively impact the lives of people, improve communities’ development pathways, and contribute to a fairer world. Our interventions such as research and policy recommendations do not subscribe to any particular political view or interest but promotes the exchange of ideas and information tailored specifically for the horn of Africa concerns.
- We undertake cutting-edge research and analysis to generate evidence, ideas, and solutions.
- We act as trusted, expert advisers to those making change the political, social, and environmental challenges in the horn of Africa and its extended neighbourhood.
- We bring people together to turn ideas into action.
- We communicate our work around the world to increase its reach and impact.
- We bring together policy practitioners, academics, students, and others to come up with new ideas on how to end the conflict or speed the recovery from war.
Impact institute Consulting Services
Impact Institute provides M&E, technical assistance, and research services in fragile, conflict and post-conflict areas. We work for international organizations, governments, and civil society, deploying multi-national and highly specialized teams of experts. Our staff in Nairobi, Mogadishu, Hargeisa, and Garowe have provided services to clients in the horn of Africa central Africa, Southern Africa, West Africa, and the Sahel region. Our in-house staff and a global network of consultants offer in-depth thematic expertise on peacebuilding, stabilization, countering violent extremism, and migration.